WOULD YOU LIKE TO SERVE ON THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES?
There are three Board openings each year. Board members are elected at-large to represent all members of HLA-CA.
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Trustees of Hearing Loss Association- California (HLA-CA), you must:
- Be a member of Hearing Loss Association of America.
- Support the goals of the Hearing Loss Association of America.
- Be willing to serve a full three-year term on the Board of Trustees.
- Attend at least two Board meetings per year, normally in February and August. A limited reimbursement is allowed for travel expenses.
- Be willing to communicate with the board via email between meetings and vote via email when required.
- Have no conflict of interest, such as representing vendors or distributors who provide services or equipment to HLA-CA or its members.
The purpose of HLA-CA is to:
- Provide a strong communication link between National, State and local chapters.
- Aid the Hearing Loss population and the State organization in providing focused advocacy efforts, both national and local scope.
- Assist Hearing Loss Association of America in policy development, review and evaluation.
- Ideal nominees will have meeting skills, and an ability to conduct program and policy evaluations at the state level. The nominee should be known as a team player.
To apply for the Board of Trustees, please send a cover letter via email including:
- The number of years you have been a HLAA member
- The number of years of Chapter membership/leadership
- Your hearing loss (if applicable)
- Why you would like to serve on the HLA-CA Board of Trustees
- Hearing Loss issues you are interested in
- Your email address for contact, or questions from voters
- Include or attach:
– A current resume with applicable experience listed
– Endorsement by your chapter
– A 250-word candidate’s statement/autobiography to be used in the ballot
Please send completed applications to Ellen Mastman, Nominations Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 10, 2011.