There are five board openings each year. Board members are elected at-large to represent all members of Hearing Loss Association of America, California State Association, Inc. (HLAA-CA).
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Trustees of HLAA-CA, you must:
- Be a member of Hearing Loss Association of America.
- Support the goals of the Hearing Loss Association of America.
- Be willing to serve a full three-year term on the Board of Trustees.
- Attend at least two Board meetings per year, normally in February and August. A limited reimbursement is allowed for travel expenses.
- Be willing to communicate with the board via email between meetings and vote via email when required.
- Have no conflict of interest, such as representing vendors or distributors who provide services or equipment to HLAA-CA or its members.
- Ideal nominees will have meeting skills, and an ability to conduct program and policy evaluations at the state level. Nominees should be known as team players.
The purpose of HLAA-CA is to:
- Provide a strong communication link between National, State and local chapters.
- Aid the Hearing Loss population and the State organization in providing focused advocacy efforts, both national and local in scope.
- Assist Hearing Loss Association of America in policy development, review and evaluation.
To apply for the Board of Trustees, please send a cover letter via email including:
- The number of years you have been a HLAA member
- The number of years of HLAA chapter membership/leadership
- Your hearing loss (if applicable)
- Why you would like to serve on the HLAA-CA Board of Trustees
- Hearing loss issues you are interested in
- Your email address for contact, or questions from voters
- Include or attach:
- A current resume with applicable experience listed (resume will be used by the HLAA-CA nomination committee only)
- Endorsement by your chapter
- A 250-word candidate’s statement/autobiography to be used in ballots, which will be sent to HLAA members and published on the HLAA-CA website
Please email completed applications to Susan Shaffer, HLAA-CA Nominations Chair, at email@example.com, by October 15, 2014.